What are cookies
Cookies are small text files containing relevant information that are downloaded by your access device (computer, mobile/smartphone or tablet), via your internet browser, when a website is visited by the user, and are used to store information about the user’s visits.
Cookies, depending on how long the user stays on the page, can be classified as either session or persistent cookies. The first type of cookies expire when the user closes the browser. The second type of cookies expire when their purpose has been completed or when they are manually turned off.
The cookies used by ETILABEL on the site etilabel.pt do not collect personal information that allows the user to be identified.
The cookies used on the site etilabel.pt are:
- Analytical – they collect information about the browsing experience of users on the web page, anonymously, although they sometimes also allow a user to be identified, uniquely and unequivocally to obtain information about the user’s interests in the services provided by the web page.
- Advertising – active persistently, but for a limited period of time, for the purpose of collecting information from the user about their internet browsing habits in order to match the advertising they see with their needs and interests.
- Third parties – allow the site to remember browsing preferences, language, region and collect information from users to target advertising to their interests.
However, it is important to point out that disabling cookies may prevent some web services from working properly, affecting, in whole or in part, navigation.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/users/auth
- Apple Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042